Grassroots Fundraising: Beer for the Brains and Facebook Fundraisers
To make it easier for you and your community to raise money, Facebook has built tools to help you collect donations and enable supporters to fundraise for your nonprofit. These tools are now being launched in more countries. Reach more supporters and engage your community. Sign-up for Facebook charitable giving tools today!
To create a fundraiser for a charitable organization:
- Click Fundraisers in the left menu of your News Feed
- Click Raise Money
- Select Nonprofit/Charity.
- Select a charitable organization, choose a cover photo and fill in the fundraiser details
- Click Create
To create a personal fundraiser for yourself, a friend on Facebook, someone not on Facebook or something not on Facebook:
- Click Fundraisers in the left menu of your News Feed.
- Click Raise Money.
- Select Yourself, Friend or Someone or something not on Facebook
- Select a category
- Add a cover photo and fill in details about your fundraiser
- Click Create
Keep in mind that you must be at least 18 years old to create a personal fundraiser. Find out more at our Facebook Fundraising page.
The Beer for the Brains programs are events featuring craft-beer lovers, distributors and brewers, who are committed to helping fund a cure for brain cancer through research and other initiatives. The money we raise currently goes to support local brain tumor clinics, foundations and the Brain Tumor Trials Collaborative.