Are pets allowed?
- Furry family members are allowed at our 5K run/walks as long as they are leash trained and do well in crowds. We also ask that pet parents take care of pet duties responsibly.
Is my registration taxable?
- $15 of every registration type is tax-deductible.
What is the last day to register?
- Online registration will close the evening before the 5K run/walk. However, in-person registration will be available 1 hour before start time on the morning of the event.
Are strollers/wagons allowed?
- All of our courses are fit for strollers, wagons, and wheelchairs. We ask that you stay towards the back of the line to allow runners to pass easily.
What awards will be offered?
We hand out the following awards:
- Top Fundraising Team
- Top Fundraising Individual
- Largest Team
- Female Overall
- Male Overall
- Non-Binary Overall
- Female Masters
- Male Masters
- Non-Binary Masters
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in age groups
Can I participate virtually?
- We love seeing support across the nation for our events! If you are unable to attend the event in person, you can always sign up as a virtual participant. Your shirt and medal will be mailed to you after the 5K run/walk. Feel free to complete the run/walk on your own time and send your times to your Event Coordinator.
- If you would like to volunteer, please go to headforthecure.org/volunteer to sign up.
Where will results be found?
- All 5K run/walk results can be found at headforthecure.org/results! As well as, by scanning the barcode on your bib.
Can I change my registration to be a part of a team?
- Yes! Please email your Event Coordinator for assistance.
Can I change my registration to virtual if I am no longer able to attend?
- Yes! Contact your Event Coordinator for further information.
Will the event be canceled if it is raining?
- We try to hold our events rain or shine, but we understand severe weather happens! Stay tuned on our social media pages for updates regarding event standings and updates.
Will there be a shortcut for those who don't want to / aren't able to complete the 5K?
- We understand there will be times when crossing the finish line may not happen. Some courses will have distinct shortcuts, but you can turn around whenever just let staff know so we can mark your bib for timing purposes.
Where will pictures be posted?
- Photos of all our events can be found at facebook.com/headforthecure/photos