We are officially kicking off the annual Head for the Cure 5K – Jackson event on Saturday, August 12! We hope you enjoy celebrating Jackson’s past successes with this fun video. We are looking forward to another great year raising funds to support brain tumor research in Jackson!
Total dollars raised: $30,000
If you are looking to be more involved, we would love your input in the following areas. Please contact email@example.com to learn more.
- We are looking for additional connections with the businesses both in and outside of Jackson, MS. These can range from anything banks, car dealers, restaurants, etc.
- Volunteer Recruitment:
- HFTC has created a listing on VolunteerMatch.org. While this is a great resource, we are always looking for groups to support our events. Great examples from other markets include, Scouts, National Honor Society Clubs, Veterans, and many others.
- Local Canvassing:
- The more views we receive, the better our chances of increased research funding. Placement of HFTC materials at local grocers, coffee shops, churches, gyms, etc. are great locations to gain exposure. I am happy to have hard copies sent to you locally.
- Web/Social Media:
- One of the best and most cost efficient ways to get the word out are online and social posts.
- Sharing HFTC posts and forwarding emails to friends and family will further our outreach.
About Head for the Cure
Head for the Cure is dedicated to raising hope, awareness and funding in the fight against brain cancer. Our 5K events are not only successful fundraisers, but unique tributes to those who are fighting brain cancer and those who have lost their battles. Their memories carry on through the teams that are formed around them, and these teams return year after year to celebrate their legacies.
In pursuit of a cure
Funds raised from the Head for the Cure 5K – Jackson event benefit the Brain Tumor Trials Collaborative (BTTC) and Baptist Cancer Services.